Thursday, November 26, 2015

Divergent (Book & Movie Review)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Title: Divergent (Divergent #1)
Author: Veronica Roth
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publishing Date: April 2011 
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Synopsis: In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue--Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is--she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.


Opinion (Spoilers): Well, I think basically almost everybody on the whole planet knows what Divergent's about, and how it ends (f***ing spoilers) but I had to do a Divergent book review so I could make an Insurgent one :)
I loved the whole book. It was the first book that I've ever read in English which really surprised me the fact that I was able to finish it!
Of course, how can't I review the movie too!



In my opinion, the movie was AWESOME. It sticked so well to the book (but the fact that Uriah wasn't played by anyone in this one bothered me a bit due that he is very important, he plays a very important role on the book). We all know Shailene played the role of Tris super good. And Four, *sighs*, what can I say? Hahahaha. 
The whole cast was awesome and I just don't have negative reviews for this movie adaptation :)




My final verdict is *drumroll*:
Book: 

Movie: 

I really don't know why I gave a better calification to the movie rather than the book but, I don't know. I read it about a year ago and I can't remember well if I liked it more or less than the movie :$

But, yeah. That was it :) Hope you enjoyed my first review on this blog and follow to stay tuned for more posts!

Enjoy your readings! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment